Homeopathic Treatment for Asthma
It is one of the most chronic problems that people around the world are affected with. Almost 250 to 300 million people all over suffer from this. It is an immunological disorder. Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease in which the airways of the lungs are affected which get narrowed over time causing respiratory problems. Recurring episodes of symptoms such as wheezing, chest tightness, cough and shortness of breath can occur. Asthma is seen in all age groups however its roots can be traced down to childhood
Airways are tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. In asthma these airways become hypersensitive leading to inflammation and as a result of which it becomes swollen and very sensitive. The airways react to strongly to certain substances when inhaled which causes them to contract or tighten up as a result of which the airways get narrowed. Due to this the airflow to the lungs decreases. The mucus secretions from the cells can also further cause narrowing of the airways.
Symptoms vary from mild to severe. Overtime asthma if not treated can get worse leading to asthmatic attacks and at times may need emergency care.
Causes of Asthma
It is usually a combination of environmental and genetic factors. However exposure to various irritants and substances (allergens) that trigger allergies can also give rise to signs and symptoms of Asthma, however this may differ from person to person.
- Airborne substances, such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander etc.
- Respiratory infections, such as the common cold and cough
- Excessive physical activity (exercise-induced asthma)
- Exposure to draft of cold air
- Air pollutants and irritants, such as smoke and fumes
- Certain medications, like beta blockers, aspirin etc.
- Strong emotions and stressful situations
- Sulfites and preservatives which are present in some types of foods and beverages,
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acids back up into the oesophagus and throat
It is essential to treat this condition when one notices the signs and symptoms.
Symptoms of asthma
- Wheezing (on inhalation and exhalation)
- Coughing, especially early in the morning or at night
- Chest tightness or pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness or stiffness of the neck and chest muscles, called retractions in long standing cases
- Anxiety and panic during the attack
- Cyanosis (bluish discoloration seen commonly on the lips and fingrnails)
Everyone may not present with these symptoms and having these symptoms does not always point out to asthma. In the presence of these symptoms one may need to undergo certain tests to confirm the diagnosis and also visit a doctor/medical health care practitioner who can examine and obtain findings and features suggestive of the same if present.
Lung function tests
Role of Homeopathic Treatment for Asthma-
Being an immunological disorder, there are many genetic factors that can lead to this condition. Homoeopathic medications to a great extent can help decrease the frequency of attacks, duration and severity of asthma significantly. Asthma is seen very commonly in children and with the help of homeopathic medications can be completely treated without any further relapse. Acute asthmatic attacks too can ne managed with homeopathic medications if approached in time. Homeopathic medications are made from natural substances and are completely safe to be used for treatment on all age groups without any side effects. It helps treat the immunity and the person as a whole!